CoC BH8 - Minion Drops Attack Strategy
- Figure out the base’s weak side - This can be tough. Look at the defenses and ask yourself - what’s going to take my attack down the fastest? For my part, I usually like the Roaster for my launching point; others (like MexicanBob) tend to go after the AirBombs.
- Take out some junk buildings on the outside - It’s important to knock out as many of the distraction buildings as you can so your Drop Ships can get to the heart of the base, taking enemy fire while your Beta Minions provide a solid thrashing. The last thing we want is our tanks or primary firing line spending time outside the base, taking a pummeling from enemy defenses. Be thrifty here - you can often take out 3 buildings with just a single Beta Minion; consider where it will go after it destroys each so you can best control deployment and pathing.
- Send in the first salvo of Drop Ships to soak up hits - The first Drop Ships you place are going to set the pace for your attack and it’s usually best to send in 3 to 4 at most. (Some players go even more slowly, depending upon the base layout.) Most bases are designed with rings of defenses - the outermost ring is typically there to slow your troops down and break their approach; after that, you will hit 2 or 3 layers of defenses directly. A well designed base will have the strongest defenses surrounding the BH itself with target zones that overlap the ring of buildings in front of it. As such, you want to get the first line of Drop Ships past the junk ring and focus them (and your Beta Minions) on the first regular defense layer.
- Send in Beta Minions to rake the base - The Beta Minions are the workhorse troop in this attack strategy. Keep them behind the Drop Ships and on the attack. They secure the forward progression of your attack.
- Replace the Drop Ships as they go down - This is why you only send in 3 or 4 Drop Ships in your initial salvo - they WILL go down, creating a gaping hole in your forward defense that enemy defenses WILL take advantage of! This is especially the case with the Roaster - the Weapon of Mass Beta Minion Destruction. By slowly backfilling them just before they go down, you ensure continuous tanking and maximum damage.